Experienced in Long Island matrimonial and family law
Robert A. Cohen, one of the founding partners of Tabat, Cohen, Blum, Yovino, & Diesa, PC, has practiced matrimonial and family law in Suffolk and Nassau counties for more than 40 years. While his front page New York Law Journal trial decisions and landmark appellate cases reflect his litigation success, Mr. Cohen’s focus on the psychology of settlement negotiations also achieves positive results. He was selected to the board of directors of the Suffolk County Matrimonial Bar Association. He frequently lectures on custody, equitable distribution and support issues, as well as trial techniques. Mr. Cohen’s continuing selection to the Super Lawyers list and achievement of an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® illustrates the great respect he has earned from his peers and the judiciary.
Contact our matrimonial and family law firm in Long Island to discuss your case
If you or someone you know needs a matrimonial and family law attorney in Nassau County and Suffolk County, Tabat, Cohen, Blum, Yovino, & Diesa, PC can help. From our offices in Garden City and Hauppauge, our attorneys fight for your rights and the best interests of your children. Call our Long Island divorce lawyers in Garden City or in Hauppauge, or contact us online to schedule your initial consultation.
Honors & Awards:
- Top Lawyer in the NY Metro Area; Super Lawyers (2007- 2020)
- Long Island’s Top Rated Lawyer; ALM Legal Leaders (2014- 2017)
- Top Legal Eagle; Long Island Pulse Magazine (2012-2016)
- Legal Eagle (2012-2020)
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating; Martindale-Hubbell® (2006-2020)
- Rated 10.0 out of 10.0 “Superb”; Avvo (2013-2020)
- Lead Counsel Rated; Thompson Reuters (2014 & 2020)
- Top 10 Attorney Award; The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (2015)
- Nation’s Top 1% Award; National Association of Distinguished Counsel (2015-2020)
- New York, 1980
- J.D., New York Law School, 1979
- B.A., American University, 1976
- Suffolk County Matrimonial Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Member, Matrimonial Committee
Ratings & Reviews
I Retained Bob Cohen about a month ago. When I went into his office, I was hopeless, exhausted and ready to give up all together. I absolutely had been misrepresented and lacked the appropriate legal counsel from my previous attorney. Bob ...
Robert Cohen represented me in my divorce and I would highly recommend him to anyone going through the same, mostly difficult, situation. From our first meeting, I realized he was going to stand with me through each phase of this process. H...
If you're searching for an attorney, you must consider one's experience, temperament, personality, responsiveness, and legal finesse in dealing with "divorce" especially when children are at stake causing an embattlement the likes of which ...
Getting divorced is not an enjoyable process- but working with Robert Cohen was. This firm is knowledgeable, attentive, and determined. Throughout the entire process I felt protected and taken care of. Without any reservation, I recommend t...