Experienced in Long Island matrimonial and family law
Anthony Yovino has been practicing matrimonial law on Long Island for more than 30 years. He is a member in the New York Family Law American Inn of Court, and has been selected for The New York Times Super Lawyer publication every year since 2007. He has been the attorney of record on several cases that established legal precedent, including McGowan v. McGowan, which held that an advanced educational degree is marital property subject to equitable distribution. He has published several articles on matrimonial and family law topics. Mr. Yovino is a lecturer for the Nassau Academy of Law, a continuing legal education instructor at St. John’s University and a frequent guest on the radio program “Law You Should Know” on WHPC 90.3 FM.
Contact our matrimonial and family law firm in Long Island to discuss your case
If you or someone you know needs a matrimonial and family law attorney in Nassau County and Suffolk County, Tabat, Cohen, Blum, Yovino, & Diesa, PC can help. From our offices in Garden City and Hauppauge, our attorneys fight for your rights and the best interests of your children. Call our Long Island divorce lawyers in Garden City or in Hauppauge, or contact us online to schedule your initial consultation.
Honors & Awards:
- Top Lawyer in the NY Metro Area; Super Lawyers (2007-2019)
- Lead Counsel Rated (Divorce & Family Law); Thompson Reuters (2014 – 2019)
- Long Island’s Top Rated Lawyers; ALM Legal Leaders (2014 – 2017)
- 10.0 “Superb” Rating; Avvo (2013-2020)
- Client’s Choice Award (Divorce & Family Law); Avvo (2013-2020)
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (2014 & 2019)
- Top Divorce & Family Law Attorney; Avvo (2013-2020)
- Top Legal Eagle, Long Island Pulse (2012-2016)
- New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1983
- B.S., St. John’s University, 1980
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Committee on Family Law
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member, Matrimonial Law Committee, and Chairman, Ethics Subcommittee
- American Bar Association, Member
Ratings & Reviews
Elizabeth Diesa has been the most consistent and caring attorney. I feel confident in her ability to get positive results in family court. She is so knowledgeable and trustworthy. I’m so grateful to have her representing me during this diff...
I Retained Bob Cohen about a month ago. When I went into his office, I was hopeless, exhausted and ready to give up all together. I absolutely had been misrepresented and lacked the appropriate legal counsel from my previous attorney. Bob ...
Robert Cohen represented me in my divorce and I would highly recommend him to anyone going through the same, mostly difficult, situation. From our first meeting, I realized he was going to stand with me through each phase of this process. H...
If you're searching for an attorney, you must consider one's experience, temperament, personality, responsiveness, and legal finesse in dealing with "divorce" especially when children are at stake causing an embattlement the likes of which ...