Experienced in Long Island matrimonial & family law
Andrew D. Blum has been practicing matrimonial law for more than 30 years and has extensive negotiation and trial experience in complex equitable distribution and custody cases. He has served on the Nassau County Alternate Dispute Resolution Matrimonial Panel and has also been an instructor at the Hofstra School of Law Trial Techniques Program. Frequently retained as trial counsel by other attorneys for their most difficult cases, Mr. Blum has built an exceptional reputation that is well deserved. A powerful presence in the courtroom, Mr. Blum has earned his status as one of the most highly respected trial lawyers in the field. Mr. Blum has been AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell® in each of the past 12 years. He is also rated 10.0 “Superb” by Avvo; and has been published and selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers, the New York Metro Edition, which is an honor awarded to less than 5 percent of attorneys in the state. Mr. Blum is a member of the prestigious New York Family Law American Inn of Court, as well as the Nassau County Bar Association, Suffolk County Bar Association, and the New York State Bar Association.
Contact our matrimonial and family law firm in Long Island to discuss your case
If you or someone you know needs a matrimonial and family law attorney in Nassau County and Suffolk County, Tabat, Cohen, Blum, Yovino, & Diesa, PC can help. From our offices in Garden City and Hauppauge, our attorneys fight for your rights and the best interests of your children. Call our Long Island divorce lawyers in Garden City or in Hauppauge, or contact us online to schedule your initial consultation.
Honors & Awards:
- Top Lawyer in the NY Metro Area; Super Lawyers (2014-2019)
- Ranked in NY Top 100 Lawyers (Matrimonial & Family Law); The National Advocates (2014-2019)
- Lead Counsel Rated (Divorce & Family Law); Thompson Reuters (2014 – 2019)
- Top 10 Attorney Award; The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (Feb. 2014)
- Long Island’s Top Rated Lawyers; ALM Legal Leaders (2014 – 2017)
- 10.0 “Superb” Rating; Avvo (2013-2020)
- Client’s Choice Award (Divorce & Family Law); Avvo (2013- 2020)
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated (5 out of 5) by Martindale-Hubbell (2002-2019)
- Top Divorce & Family Law Attorney; Avvo (2013-2020)
- Top Legal Eagle, Long Island Pulse (2012-2016)
- New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1987
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1987
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 1981
- B.A., Union College, 1978
- New York Family Law Inns of Court, Member
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member, Matrimonial and Family Law Committee
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
Ratings & Reviews
I Retained Bob Cohen about a month ago. When I went into his office, I was hopeless, exhausted and ready to give up all together. I absolutely had been misrepresented and lacked the appropriate legal counsel from my previous attorney. Bob ...
Robert Cohen represented me in my divorce and I would highly recommend him to anyone going through the same, mostly difficult, situation. From our first meeting, I realized he was going to stand with me through each phase of this process. H...
If you're searching for an attorney, you must consider one's experience, temperament, personality, responsiveness, and legal finesse in dealing with "divorce" especially when children are at stake causing an embattlement the likes of which ...
Getting divorced is not an enjoyable process- but working with Robert Cohen was. This firm is knowledgeable, attentive, and determined. Throughout the entire process I felt protected and taken care of. Without any reservation, I recommend t...